This individual will join an innovation focused, interdisciplinary team to contribute to technology development efforts focused on the implementation of a closed-system, manufacturing scale, formulation platform for non-viral gene delivery in CAR and TCR based cell therapies. This individual will have an opportunity to help develop a potentially early-in-class process for therapeutic use of ex vivo non-viral gene delivery and to help guide it through Global Health Authority approval.
- Collaborate with Research, Analytical and Process Development, and external partners to develop a manufacturing scale, formulation platform for delivery of nucleic acids and proteins to primary T cells
- Participate on a cross-functional team tasked with integration of non-viral gene delivery into the T cell manufacturing process
- Design analytics to characterize delivery pathways to primary T cells
- Design, execute and analyze experiments which will include primary tissue culture operations and operations of automated cell processing devices.
- Author method reports, summaries of experimental findings, and regulatory filings.
- Clearly, and in a timely manner, communicate results to colleagues.
- D. in bioengineering, formulation science, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, genetics, or a relevant scientific field
- An expert in non-viral delivery formulations for primary cells and associated analytical methods to evaluate delivery efficiency
- Expertise in uptake mechanisms and chromosomal integration of non-viral DNA by mammalian cells
- Strong technical writing and oral presentation skills
- Highly organized individual with meticulous documentation practices
- Ability to work in a high-paced and team-oriented environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Working knowledge of T cell biology/immunology
- Familiarity with process development and process optimization
- Experience with statistical analysis and experimental design
Our headquarters, situated in the bustling South Lake Union district of Seattle, sits among some of the most visible organizations in the world. Seattle offers award-winning restaurants, a vibrant, hip music scene and spectacular views of water and mountains. Within an hour’s drive of Seattle, you can be fishing, skiing, hiking or tasting world-class Washington wines.
THINK BIG. BE BRAVE. DELIVER.