Forklift Operators Needed In Winnipeg
We are North America’s 5th largest processor and distributor of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum. In 2010, our company portfolio expanded to include plastics, packaging and a diverse range of manufacturing capabilities. Samuel divisions serve a wide variety of industries coast-to-coast and our headquarters are centrally located in Canada. Founded in 1855, we have continued to maintain the highest standards in quality, efficiency and value in the metals industry. Samuel customers range in size from leading automotive manufacturers to specialized product designers, yet each one is treated with the same superior customer service that you would expect from a 5th generation, family-run business. Our value-added programs are geared to understand the specifics of our custoemrs and make us stand apart in the business as being More than Metal. Position Summary
Operate crane to unload incoming material and place into assigned storage area. Operate crane to load-outgoing material, and to place material into scheduled processing lines. Responsibilities
- Operates crane in accordance with Safe Operating Procedures, SOP’s
- Inspect crane as per the inspection procedure and fill out daily Inspection checklist.
- In co-operation with the Shift Supervisor references the B.L.’s to locate and stage material for processing.
- Safely unloads incoming material and completes all information required on incoming bill of lading stamp.
- Unwraps coils before storing in coil field and clean debris from area once coil is stored.
- Completes all necessary inspections and verifies inf the material matches with the bill of lading.
- References bills of lading to load outgoing materials in co-operation with the Shift Supervisor and Shipper.
- Keeps neat and accurate records as required.
- Ensures cleanliness and good housekeeping of coil field.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Complies with the environmental management system, health & safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Ensures company safety policies are adhered to and safe work habits are utilized by all department personnel and visitors. Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as
- required at all times.
- Maintains a high standard of general housekeeping consistent with 5S standards.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
Valid Crane and Lift Truck Operator certification is mandatory
Completed high school diploma or equivalent education
Proven ability to work in a team or alone without supervision
Clear communication skills written and verbal
Proven organization skills, and ability to multitask prioritizing incoming work
Primary Location: CA-MB-Winnipeg
Work Locations: MB – Winnipeg – 140 Paquin Road 140 Paquin Road Winnipeg R2J 3V4
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Organization: Service Center Canada
Employee Status: Regular