BMATT- British Military Assistance Training Team
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BMATT Nigeria / Driver
Ref Id: 19/19 ABJ
Location: AbujaGrade: S1
Start Date: 3 June 2019
Slot: 3 Openings
Type of Position: Permanent
Type of Post: British High Commission
Working hours per week: 37 Hours Plus ALL BMATT Nigeria Drivers work overtime
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job
- To provide transport services for staff and visitors of BMATT Nigeria to and from assigned destinations within Abuja and Nigeria as a whole in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of Transport operations in the Nigeria Network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive BMATT staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Abuja and Nigeria.
- Complete transport-booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders.
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off BMATT staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as necessary.
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations.
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/cost
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Wash/Clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the BMATT Fleet Manager
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Full valid Nigerian driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable previous driving experience
- Previous experience of driving Armoured Vehicles
- Must possess minimum of SSCE with 5 credits obtained in one sitting
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGOs and International Organisations.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Office tools.
- Reliability and experience of working in security sector reform or with the military
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly salary: 234,033 NGN
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
⇒ Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.