This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon – a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe – offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
- Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
- Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
- Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
- Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
- May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
- Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.